Sunday, October 11, 2009

Family, the Important Thing

I know many people from many different walks of life and many different families. They're not all great, and they all have problems, as all families do, but the more people I meet, the more I am grateful for my family. I have a wonderful family, and although we're not perfect, we love each other and put each other first. I just wanted to inform you all of my love for them and share with you the things I miss most now that I'm not at home.

My sister is my best friend. She understands me like no one else can and she is the person I miss most. I feel as though I'm missing my other half. I am most looking forward to being with her again when I return home. I have wonderful loving parents who do everything they can for me. They support me in all I do, and believe that I can achieve anything I set my mind to. I still feel that love and support now that I'm away, but it is not quite the same. I miss the hugs, the sitting on the couch reading family scripture or just talking. I miss telling them everything. I even miss the bad jokes and irritating nicknames. My brothers are the best brothers around. I am sad that I can't enjoy their presence daily any longer, and I wish I could be there for my little brother as he starts high school. He is sweet and kind, and an amazing young man, and I wish I could be there to see him finish growing up. My oldest brother is getting married, meaning these few months are his last at home. It makes me sad that I cannot spend these last few months there with him.

And although I miss my family and all these things -- I could go on forever -- I am grateful to have my brother just older than me here with me. He is my rock and support as I struggle to adjust to college life. He is my mom, my dad, my brother, and often my only friend. I love him so much and revel in the chance I have to spend time with him while I can.

I am glad to be here, to be able to get an education, and that my parents did all they did to get me here. I cannot wait to see them and the rest of my siblings, and hope to make them proud.
I love you family!!

Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment