Monday, September 28, 2009

The sad truth

You would think that being at BYU I would have lots of friends and dates. It's a lie. I don't. The sad truth is, I haven't made any friends, except my roommate, and haven't met even a single guy who I would date. Totally lame. It seems as though all the girls around me are getting dates left and right. What's wrong with me?

I have been told I'm intimidating. I'm tall, I'm too good, I'm just a really good person and I intimidate all boys. Sounds like a bunch of stupid excuses to me. The truth is...I don't know how to flirt. It's true. Ask anyone I know. My dad once said a phrase that aptly applies here. "Anti-girl". I am the anti-girl. I love being a girl. I love the clothes and the fact that I'll get to be a mom. But I am the anti-girl. I can't dance, I can't flirt, and I don't care. So is it my lack of girly that brings my non-social life into existence? Maybe, but you must also take into account, I have high standards.

I won't date just any guy. I won't show interest in just any guy. He must exhibit the qualities of someone I would enjoy spending copious amounts of time with. Some may find this ridiculous. What does a date hurt? Well, anyone with half as many stalker stories as me can tell you the problem with giving any encouragement to someone you're not interested in.

So the question is, is there a problem with how I am and the way I act and the fact that I am incapable of getting a date or any prospects thereof? Or is it the rest of the world with the problem? Or in the end, does it really matter how we are, does it all come to the same end?

1 comment:

  1. haha. anti-girl. i'm telling you, just give a light touch on the arm with a genuine smile and the guys will be all over you. that's all it takes. we're pathetic...

    ReplyDelete